Terms & Conditions
- How we use your information
- This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Unique Car Mats (UK) Ltd collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about.
- What we collect
- Visitors to our websites
- Complainants and other individuals in relation to a data protection or freedom of information complaint or enquiry
- People who use our services, e.g. who subscribe to our newsletter, or purchase one of our products on our websites, or via eBay & Amazon stores
- People who notify under the Data Protection Act; and
- Job applicants and our current and former employees.
- Visitors to our websites
- When someone visits *.carmats4u.com, *.uniquecorporate.co.uk or *.uniqueproductsuk.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our websites. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our websites, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
*.carmats4u.com & *.uniquecorporate.co.uk
Cookie Name Purpose COOKIEID ID of the currently logged in user. COOKNAME Username of the currently logged in user.
- Third Party Cookies
- How do I change my cookie settings?
- Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Search Engine
- Our website search functionality is powered by DooFinder. Search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by either Unique Car Mats (UK) Ltd or any third party.
- Security and performance
- The websites of Unique Car Mats (UK) Ltd utilises in-house software and protocols to help maintain the security and performance of the various websites and servers. To deliver this service we process the IP addresses of visitors to the websites.
- People who email us
- We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government standards. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit. We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
- People who use our LiveChat service
- We use a third party provider, Zendesk Chat, to supply and support our LiveChat service, which we use to handle customer enquiries in real time. If you use the LiveChat service we will collect your name and email address (optional) and the contents of your LiveChat session. This information will be retained for two years and will not be shared with any other organisations. You can request a transcript of your LiveChat session if you provide your email address at the start or when prompted at the end.
- Job applicants, current and former employees
- What we do with the information you provide to us?
- All of the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format. We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
- What information do we ask for, and why?
- We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
- Application stage
- We ask you for your personal details including name and contact details. We will also ask you about your previous experience, education, referees and for answers to questions relevant to the role you have applied for. Our recruitment team will have access to all of this information.
- We might ask you to participate in assessment days; complete tests or questionaires; and/or attend an interview – or a combination of these. Information will be generated by you and by us. This information is held by us. If you are unsuccessful following assessment for the position you have applied for, the information we hold will be deleted and destroyed, whereas the information stored by Indeed.co.uk is controllable by yourself through their website.
- Conditional offer
If we make a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry our pre-employment checks. You must successfully complete pre-employment checks to progress to a final offer. We are required to confirm the identity of our staff, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurance as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
You will therefore be required to provide:
- Proof of your identity
- Proof of your qualifications
- We will contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references.
If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for the following:
- Bank details – to process salary payments
- Emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work.
- Your details will be shared with The People’s Pension and you will be auto-enrolled into the pension scheme and details provided will be your name, date of birth, National Insurance number and salary.
- How long is the information retained for?
- If you are successful, the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file for the duration of your employment. If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point will be deleted and destroyed. If you finish employment with Unique Car Mats (UK) Ltd, we retain your details for a period of 7 years, after which the details will be deleted and destroyed.
- How we make decisions about recruitment?
- Final recruitment decisions are made by hiring managers and members of our recruitment team. All of the information gathered during the application process is taken into account. You are able to ask questions about decisions made about your application by contacting our recruitment team or by emailing email@example.com.
- Your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 before the 25th May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 after the 25th May 2018, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
You can read more about these rights at these locations:
Data Protection Act 1998
General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- Access to personal information
Unique Car Mats (UK) Ltd are as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Explain the reason of why we are holding it
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
We can deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone, or formally by written format in the post or email, whichever you prefer.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also request any information that we hold about you to be removed as long as it is not still required for an important and/or necessary process. For example bank details for salary payments or orders placed within 7 years due to this being a legal requirement by HMRC.
You can also get further information on:
- Agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- Circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent for example to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics.
- Our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data; and
- How we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
- Links to other websites
- This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
- Changes to this privacy notice
- We keep our privacy notice under regular review and the last time this privacy notice was updated was on the 17th January 2018.
- How to contact us
Unique Car Mats (UK) Ltd
Unit 2, Hassall Road
Skegness Industrial Estate